Now that you’ve decided to join the wonderful BMX world, there is certain equipment you must acquire. Your success doesn’t rely on the bike entirely, but on a combination of things. More specifically, we’re talking about the racing gear.
The BMX’s racing gear is something we can’t ignore when we want to practice BMX. This sport is quite dangerous, and we can assure you that you will spend a lot of time falling and taking hits.
To help you perform at your best capacity without getting injured, we have a list of racing gear that you must buy before hitting the road. The racing gear is extremely important, and your body will appreciate it in the long run.
Let’s take a look at every BMX racing gear you’re going to need.
Necessary Gear for BMX Racing
The next list consists of every gear you’re going to need for BMX racing. These items improve the quality of your performance, and they keep your body safe from injuries.
For the helmet, we want to buy a model that features MIPS. These letters stand for Multi-Directional Impact System, and it is a technology that ensures your head is well-protected. The MIPS includes a liner with low friction in the helmet’s interior to keep your head comfortably secured.
It makes the helmet’s outer shell slide easily by a couple of millimeters. If a nasty accident occurs, you can rest assured the helmet will minimize the amount of energy that your head receives from the impact.
- Bell Sanction BMX/Downhill Helmet
- Triple Eight Certified Helmet
- WOW Youth Kids Motocross BMX Dirt Bike Helmet
- Punisher Skateboards Pro Series 13-Vent Dual Safety Certified BMX Bike and Skateboard Helmet
- Fox Head Flight Sport Trail Bike Helmet
Observation: These helmets offer security at an affordable price. It is also recommended that you replace them every couple of years.
Knee and Elbow Pads
The amount of pressure we put over our limbs sometimes surpasses our capacity. If that happens, there’s a slight possibility that we crash or take a hard fall. Fortunately, there are quality pads to keep our elbows and knees protected.
The best pads should have a tough outer shell. For the interior, we want an internal gel padding that is soft for our comfort. These two specifications create a protective barrier to reduce the bruises we might receive from hard impacts.
Most of the gel in these paddings is added to provide extra absorption to shocks. It is incredibly effective at it, and it doesn’t become uncomfortable at all during races.
Recommended Knee And Elbow Pads:
- JBM BMX Bike Knee Pads and Elbow Pads with Wrist Guards
- Mongoose BMX Bike Gel Knee and Elbow Pad Set
- PHZ Kids/Adults 3 in 1 Protective Gear Set Knee Pads Elbow Pads Wrist Guards for Cycling
- Fox Racing Launch Pro MTB Knee Guard
- SymbolLife Protection Pads Set with Helmet Elbow Knee Wrist Pads for Kids Youths
Observation: Always wear your pads. Accidents can happen at the most unexpected moments, and they even occur when you feel most confident.
A good pair of gloves must meet our demand to reduce friction and vibrations. We recommend you consider gloves designed with quality foam padding in the palm. This padding is responsible for reducing the friction between the handlebar and your hands.
You also need your gloves to have elasticity. Buying gloves that don’t fit your hand, or are uncomfortable to use in general, only reduce the comfort of your experience and the quality of your overall performance.
Additionally, it is important that the gloves offer versatility. You might not need them for other purposes, but it is nice knowing that you could use them for different applications.
- Arltb 3 Size Bike Gloves
- Seibertron Dritpaw Men’s BMX Racing Gloves
- Zookki Cycling Full Finger Gloves
- Firelion Unisex Outdoor Gel Cycling Gloves
- Zippy Rooz Toddler And Little Kids Bike Gloves
Observation: If the gloves don’t fit you, don’t push them. Look for a better pair that fits your hands properly.
The body armor is the ultimate protection gear for our body. It is responsible for taking care of our lower back, our spine, both our chest and back, as well as our shoulders. Reaching high speeds is very dangerous, and the body armor is there to keep our upper body safe.
Recommended Body Armor:
- Wishwin Full Body Armor Protective Gear Racing Professional BMX For Men And Women
- GuTe Protective Jacket MTB Racing Full Body Armor Protector for Men
- Wolfbike Sport Jacket Racing Body Protective Armor
Every single one of these items is a must-have for BMX racing. Make sure you get the best products, and you’ll be ready to perform in any BMX racing competition you enter.